Normal Opening Hours
Mon, Tue, Thu & Fri:9am to 7pm
Wed:9am to 6pm
Sat:9am to 12pm
Order Your Repeat Prescription Here
 
Online Registration Here
Rosebank CottageSchool RoadWindleshamSurreyGU20 6PB01276 850609find us

Poisonous Mushrooms 

Wild mushrooms can potentially be very toxic to dogs.

If your dog is prone to foraging and eating anything in sight, avoid wooded shady areas where wild mushrooms are more likely. If your dog is a particularly keen scavenger, you may even wish to consider a basket muzzle. Puppies can also be very inquisitive so best to keep them on a lead.

Symptoms can vary dramatically and can range from dribbling, vomiting or diarrhoea, blood in stools or vomit, hallucinations or fits. The kind of mushroom that has been ingested will affect how long these symptoms take to display – sometimes it can be very rapid.

It is best to consider all wild mushrooms potentially toxic to dogs and to call us for advice if you suspect your dog has ingested any. If your dog does eat a wild mushroom, take them to the vets immediately. It will also help us if you take along:

  • A photo of the mushroom
  • A description of where it was found growing i.e. on grass, in shade or in a tree stump
  • The mushroom wrapped in paper – not plastic
We have placed a Google Analytics cookie on your device to help improve our service. You can learn about this and how to stop cookies being stored in your browser by reading our Cookies Notice and our Privacy Policy. By continuing to use our site, you are accepting this Policy.